Mother’s Day was May 14th so this is the perfect week to pray for mothers who need guidance and patience during their journey through motherhood. Many mothers have children in the military or are in the military themselves. These mothers must sacrifice by spending time away from their children to defend our country. Keep them in your prayers and honor them in your hearts. Staying strong in faith is important when going through these times of parenting struggles.
The following 10 Bible verses provide encouragement for mothers and honor their place in the lives of others.
1.“As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.” -Isaiah 66:13
2. “Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.” -Psalm 127:3
3. “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.” -Psalm 139:13
4. “(8) My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: (9) for they [shall be] an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.” -Proverbs 1:8-9
5. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart fro+++m it.” -Proverbs 22:6
6. “Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.” -Leviticus 19:3
7. "(1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. (2) Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) (3) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth." - Ephesians 6:1-3
8. “(26) She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. (27) She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.” -Proverbs 31:26-27
9. “And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8
10. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”- Proverbs 22:6
A mother’s love for her children is never ceasing. Help us revive our great nation through prayer and honoring those, especially mothers, who sacrifice their time away from their families. This Mother’s Day pray for America, pray for mothers, and pray for those who defend our great nation.